Amsterdam is famous for it’s tulip flowers but of course the flowers don’t grow in the city centre of Amsterdam. The flower farms are located in the countryside nearby Amsterdam. You will find them in on the south-west of Amsterdam and in the North of Amsterdam.
There are two kinds of flower farms in the Netherlands. A farm can grow flower bulbs or just the flowers. The first sells the flower bulbs all over the world for gardeners who love to plant flower bulbs and enjoy a colorful garden in spring. The second sells the flowers that can be found in flower shops all over the world.
The flower fields you can enjoy in spring are mostly from flower farmers that grow flower bulbs. The flowers are not going to a flower shop at all. That’s why you can enjoy the colorful flowers a lot longer on the flower fields. The farmers that grow flowers are mostly located in big greenhouses where the flowers are not visible from the outside. In the greenhouses they can grow tulips and other flowers all year long. So they don’t depend on weather conditions in winter and spring.
Most of the flower bulbs farmers are located nearby Amsterdam. The greenhouses are also located in other parts of the Netherlands.
Below we will list some flower farmers. You can visit some of them or order there products on there webshops.
Bloembollenkwekerij De Tulperij in Voorhout
- Slechts 10 minuten van Keukenhof
This flower farm is a surprising and inspiring location near Keukenhof. In spring you can get a guided tour through the tulip fields of the farm and enjoy the nice flower greenhouse. The farm has also opening hours in the July, August, September and October. You can see how the bulbs are getting ready for export and you can buy the fresh flower bulbs yourself.
Dagtocht naar Bloembollenkwekerij De Tulperij
Do you want to hear the story of the tulip bulb growing proces from a real farmer? Than book a tour from Amsterdam with Tours & Tickets. The Tour is including a luxe bustransfer from Amsterdam to the tulip farm. You will get a great guided tour at the tulip farm and after that you will going to visit Keukenhof Gardens.
Cycle to De Tulperij from Keukenhof
If you are not into a tour you can rent a bike at Keukenhof and take Keukenhof route 4 (Purple). You will pass De Tulperij signs halfway the route.
Address De Tulperij
- Tulip Farm De Tulperij
- Oude Herenweg 16B – 2215 RZ Voorhout
- +31 6 – 42233291 (Anja)
Kom je de bloemen van Holland bewonderen? Bekijk dan ook onderstaande informatie:
- Alles over Bloemenpark Keukenhof in Lisse
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Visit the tulip fields near Amsterdam in Holland
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- The countryside of Holland: all about Dutch cheese, clogs and windmills